|15/10/2020 - 02/10/2021
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Foundations in Art - 2021 course|
|24/03/2021 - 23/06/2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
|Drawing and Painting Class (every Wednesday morning)|
I am passionate about sharing artistic practice and creativity…
I believe that we can all draw, and that we can all learn to draw and paint, and express ourselves and our experience of the world in a visual way.
My belief is that this is a twofold process. One is learning to “see”, and the other is learning the techniques of drawing. We use these to create an representation on a 2D surface. We then communicate visually, our experiences, thoughts and responses to our world and our lives.
I have been teaching adults for over twelve years; Life Drawing, Adult Education classes, workshops, demonstrations and critiques for Art Clubs and Societies, individual tutoring, and health and well-being group such as the Alzheimer’s Society, Stroke Survivors and private classes.
Taking part in art activities, is immensely valuable, from completely terrified “Beginner”, to the curious developing “Transitional”, as well as those who have experience but want to try something different or explore new horizons.
Alex has over over 25 years’ experience in exhibiting, teaching, tutoring and delivering workshops. She exhibits across the UK, including at the Mall Galleries in London (being selected for the Pastel Society and the Society of Equestrian Artists). Alex has taken part in C-Art since its inception.
“Fabulous! I feel now I have come out of my shell thanks to Alex, who is an inspiration and an encouragement” (Workshop Attendee)
Alex also delivers to and with: Schools, Museums, INSET, Art Clubs, Conference, Nature Reserves, and Weddings. In 2018 she is starting an independent Art Foundation Course in the Lake District. Please click on the blue for further details or feel free to make contact.)
Through the experience I have gained working in and with educational communities, I understand the complexities and commitments that schools have to work within in order to deliver the curriculum, and I also recognise the many challenges that young people face within today’s world of fast-moving technological change and opportunities.
During the Creative Partnerships scheme, I worked for three years both as a “Creative Agent”, and as a visual Creative Practitioner. I have also been Head of Art in different types of schools.
When I work in educational environments I aim to bring:
- Commitment to the individual child. To enable, inspire and equip them for artistic practice – which in turn leads to personal creative development.
- An ability to work effectively with all education professionals
- A willingness to take risks and think divergently without losing purpose and direction.
- Passion about generating an exciting and creative learning experience
- An encouragement for high standards from young people of all ages and abilities.
- An excitement and passion about the creative process and instilling this in others.
- A commitment to excellence and innovation within curriculum links and learning outcomes
- Imaginative ideas, enthusiasm for fresh approaches and techniques yet commitment to balance.
- Ability to work in a balanced and centred approach with young people, and a celebration of diversity.
- Organisational and managerial skills for delivering and evaluating.
I have a current Enhanced DBS and PLI for up to £5 million and over 25 years experience. I work with a Covid-safe protocol, and am happy to come into your school, or work with you online.